Who are Miss Rodeo Kansas and Miss Teen Rodeo Kansas?
Miss Rodeo Kansas and Miss Teen Rodeo Kansas are young women who strive to promote the State of Kansas and the Sport of Professional Rodeo, and in so doing, promotes the great western way of life. They are talented, personable horsewomen with a vast knowledge of the sport of rodeo, the equine industry, and the State of Kansas. The title holders have the opportunity to travel, meet new people and garner educational experiences that will lay a solid foundation for their futures. They are young women who:
- wish to be a representative of their hometowns, communities, state, and professional rodeo.
- have a desire to travel our state to promote the great western way of life through rodeo and related events.
- portray a high level of sportsmanship and high moral and ethical character.
- understand and love the Sport of Rodeo and have the knowledge of the sport to sell it to someone who has none.
- are ambitious and are interested in furthering their chosen career through higher education and special training.
- are able to speak intelligently and display dignity in all situations.
The Miss Rodeo Kansas and Miss Teen Rodeo Kansas pageants are conducted similarly to the Miss Rodeo America Pageant. Each contestant receives scores in each of the three basic categories of competition - Appearance, Personality and Horsemanship. In addition a fourth category, "Other", will tabulate scores from public speaking, photogenic, written test, demonstration of knowledge and other judged events. An expert panel of three judges evaluate each contestant during the pageant events. A full explanation of each portion of judging is provided in the official pageant rules and regulations.
- Horsemanship - Each contestant will demonstrate their horsemanship skills by performing two patterns, a queen's run and a flag run on horses provided by the pageant. Excellent horsemanship skills are necessary.
- Public Speaking - Prepared and impromptu speaking opportunities will be provided to each contestant. In the prepared speech competition contestants will present a memorized speech on rodeo or the State of Kansas. All contestants will be asked a variety of impromptu questions throughout the pageant on topics ranging from rodeo history and event rules to current events and personality questions.
- Fashion Show - Showcasing their knowledge of current and flattering Western styles, the contestants will model a variety of outfits during this fun event.
- Written Test - Rodeo knowledge and equine science knowledge will be tested through a written test.
- Personal Interviews - Each contestant will have an opportunity to spend one-on-one time conversing with the panel of expert judges. Contestants will demonstrate a knowledge of rodeo events, history and current news along with equine science knowledge and current local, state, country and world current event topics.
General Entry Qualifications
All contestants must be legal residents of the State of Kansas for the twelve months prior to the pageant, single, never married or pregnant. Miss Rodeo Kansas contestants must have obtained the age of 18 and shall not have obtained the age of 25 years by December 31 of the year of competition, the same to be evidenced by her birth certificate presented with entry before the competition. The winner of the Miss Rodeo Kansas title must agree to represent the program in the annual Miss Rodeo America Pageant. Miss Teen Rodeo Kansas contestants must be at least 14 years of age and not older than 18 on December 31 of the year of competition. For a complete list of entry qualifications please request an entry packet. Please state which pageant you are requesting the information for when submitting your request.